RE: [A-H-MILITARY] Important high resolution Maps of A-H lands 1911

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2005
      What is most interesting is that they show the footpaths between neighboring
      villages which are transparent on present day maps. Considering that in
      1910 most people got places by walking, the importance of these footpaths
      should not be underestimated.

      I found them particularly important in my borderland villages to see the
      pathways from villages in Slovakia to villages in Poland and Ukraine, all of
      which have fallen into disuse or are officially terminated.

      Bill Tarkulich