FW: [A-H-MILITARY] Important high resolution Maps of A-H lands 1911

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2005
      An important set of maps is now available.
      Thanks to Karen for alerting us.

      ______________
      Bill Tarkulich

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2005
        Hello Bill,

        I remember first using these maps on-line a couple (I think) years ago.
        (The area of interest to me, the Transcarpathia in Ukraine, was available
        tthen. It seems that more (or maybe even all) quadrants are available now.
        Is this the change that Karen is informing us of now?

        Thank you,

        Bohdana

        > An important set of maps is now available.
        > Thanks to Karen for alerting us.
        >
        > ______________
        > Bill Tarkulich

      • christopher gajda
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
          I searched for the village Darocs in Ung county. After the village name, in brackets, is the word "Kincses". What does this mean? is this an alternate name for Darocs? if so, i've never seen it before. (using online Hungarian dictionary i found that the word "kincses" has something to do with "treasury" or "treasure house". Searching for "kincses" in census records also reveals that "kincses" is a surname.) Any ideas????

        • Jan Ammann
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2005
            Hello Chris..........

            What a coincidence. One of my family members in Hungary has the given name of "Kincso" and I correspond with this family. The father of the new baby told me the meaning of the word is "treasure"...........So evidently a derivation of Kincses is also Kincso. In my Magyar-Angol dictionary there is the word "kincs".......a noun meaning treasure....a jewel. The plural of "kincs" may be "kincses"..........Just thought you might like knowing this.

            Cheers,
            Jan

            christopher gajda <christophergajda@...> wrote:

            I searched for the village Darocs in Ung county. After the village name, in brackets, is the word "Kincses". What does this mean? is this an alternate name for Darocs? if so, i've never seen it before. (using online Hungarian dictionary i found that the word "kincses" has something to do with "treasury" or "treasure house". Searching for "kincses" in census records also reveals that "kincses" is a surname.) Any ideas????

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT