Sp. Bela

  • jwm469@wireweb.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 21, 2005
      Does anyone have access to the records for Spisska Bela?

      I'm specifically looking for a Maria Bratko - born about 8 Sep 1871. I'm not sure whether she'd be GC or RC. But with
      her surname I'm leaning toward GC.

      She married Andreas/Ondrej/Andrew Molcsanyi (spelling may vary) from Jurske maybe in 1891.

      Their first son was born 6 Dec 1892. According to his World War I draft card he was born in Bala.

      Thanks,

      Jerry Molchany
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 21, 2005
        LDS has RC and Evangelical records for Spisska Bela.

        Church Records at LDS Family History Center
        To locate church records for Slovakia, knowing the village/town
        name, go to the LDS web site:

        Locate your nearest Family History Center and Order Film
        Center (FHC) and determine their hours of operation. You will need
        to go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the
        film will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your
        research.

        Translation of Church Records
        translations.

        LDS also has a pretty good translation guide which you can download.
        See forums.delphiforums.com/iarelative/messages message #3931.1 for
        details.
      • jwm469@wireweb.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 26, 2005
          All,

          I was hoping that someone already had the records and would check to see if there is a Maria Bratko listed in the
          records who was born about 8 Sep 1871. I was hoping to speed the process along and not have to order a fiolm that
          does not contain her name. I've spent too much time and money spinning me wheels trying to locate my great
          grandmother and her family. I've been looking for over 15 years with no luck. It was by pure chance that I looked at
          the WWI registration cards (again) and found me granduncle Andrew listing his birthplace as Bala.

          So - if anyone has the records for Sp. Bela they would be able to check that time period for Maria' irth and say -yes or
          no. I wasn't asking for anyone to provide the information.

          Jerry

          PS - if anyone has ancestors - either GC or RC - that went to church in Holumnica or Stotnice (sp) I have the records
          and would be willing to look up info/family for them. This is the area from which my Molchany family emigrated - Jurske
          being the village.
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 26, 2005
            The protocol most discussion group use to say "no" to not reply. Save
            filling up the inbox.

            Bill Tarkulich