Re: [S-R] Church Record Search Philosophy (Wanted)

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2005
      Dear John,
      Nizny Caj is a very small settlement and probably for this reason it is not mentioned in the registry of prishes and Church books under Rc.
      Looking at the map and the parish areas administered by surrounding parishes I found an interesting thing; Blazice, which are next to Ruskov, belonged to the parish of Nizna Mysla. However, Nizny Caj and Bohdanovce are between Blazice and the main parish area of Nizna Mysla, but are not included in Nyzna Mysla. So Blazice appear to be a parish "island".
      Since Blazice are next to Nizny Caj, just over the river Hornad, it is possible, that the Nizny Caj records are in Nizna Mysla.
      This is where I would look first.
      This area was predominantly Ev Reformed, so some villages maybe had no Rc population at all or just a few.
      It will not do any harm if you look also at Ruskov books. You never can tell. I would do that too.
      Do not look only for your particular ancestor, but watch for any Vamos and follow them.
      Best regards,
      Vladimir

      If you want, I can send you a photo of the map section with parishes outlined.