Church locations

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15 3:11 PM
      Vladimir Bohnic (& others)
      Somewhere recently I read that in old Hungary, by decree a church must be
      located within a one-hours walk (or something like this) from its'
      congregants. Is this correct? If so, can you refer me to the document
      which describes this? I am wracking my brain trying to find it again, but
      can't recall where I read this.

      Thanks,

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 15 6:18 PM
        This only applies to the Empire of Austria. I wonder if a similar law would
        be found in Hungary.

        Bill Tarkulich

        "....an imperial decree of 1733 (re-affirmed in 1762) that the foot paths to
        church were not to exceed a distance which could be walked in 1 hour."

        Bill Tarkulich