Tisovo

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2005
      TISOVO is so sparsely populated that it will not show up on Mapquest.
      However, it is located halfway to Rimavska Pila, where the road and
      river cross.
    • Frank
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 31, 2005
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "ccfox21" <ccfox21@a...> wrote:

        > A distant relative told me that my greatgrandmother, Elizabeth Szabo
        > and her sister, Anna Szabo, came to the US in the 1890's from
        > Tisovec, Hanusovce, Czech (now Slovakia). Can anyone tell me where
        > this is and what it is now called.

        Szabo is a fairly common surname.
        EIR lists 244 Anna Szabo who emigrated to US 1892-1924.
        What was the documentation for Tisovec, oral family history ?
        Tisovec (Sk) Tiazolc (H) located 135 miles ENE of Bratislava and
        Hanus^ovce nad Topl'ou (Sk) Tapoly'hanusfalva/Hanusfalva (H)
        located 209 miles ENE of Bratislava are two different places.
        There is also a Spis^ské Hanus^ovce (Sk) Hanusfalva (H) located
        168 miles ENE of Bratislava.

        In 1898 an Erzsébet (H) Elizabeth (E) Szabo, age 15 (b. about 1884)
        had emigrated to her sister's ? address at 189 Passaic St, Passaic NJ.
        Her Last Residence was Hanusfalu, Hungary. In Magyar -falva,-falu
        means village.
        In 1893 a Anna Szabo , age 19 (b. about 1874) had emigrated to US.
        No image and no text copy of ship manifest so don't know where she
        went ?
        Her Last Residence was Hamofahn which expect was mistranscribed
        Hanusfalu as above.
      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 31, 2005
          I agree with your comments on the named villages. If you have
          Podrobny Auto Atlas, locate Tisovec and then look south a short
          distance to see Hanovo, just a few scattered chaty along the hillside
          beside the railway tracks.
        • Frank
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "johnqadam" <johnqadam@r...>
            wrote:

            > I agree with your comments on the named villages. If you have
            > Podrobny Auto Atlas, locate Tisovec and then look south a short
            > distance to see Hanovo, just a few scattered chaty along the
            hillside
            > beside the railway tracks.

            d^akujem

            See Hanovo in Podrobny Auto Atlas and Tisovec as Tiszolcz
            and Klenovec under Klenocz in 1910 Gomor es Kishont varmegye
            map.

            Frank K