RE: [S-R] Surnames: BIELIK and NOVOSAD

  • Vern Lindquist
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2005
      My wife's father was John Bialek. Could this be same family? He was from
      Detmoravice, Selesia.

      >From: Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...>
      >To: rusyns <rusyns@yahoogroups.com>, slovak roots
      ><slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com>, slovak world
      ><slovak-world@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: [S-R] Surnames: BIELIK and NOVOSAD
      >Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:41:51 -0800 (PST)
      >

      >Just realized a newer co-worker (part-time) has Slovak
      >ancestors -- let me know if any of you have run into
      >either of the above Surnames. The towns would be:
      >
      >Visatche Podrakdie
      >Cerveny Kamen
      >Lednicke Rovne
      >
      >She grew up in the South-East end of Chicago (not
      >Hegwich, but close) -- member of St. Simon the Apostle
      >Church as a kid.
      >

      >Thanks!
      >Caye

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2005
        I believe that Visatche Podrakdie should be Vrs'atske Podhradie. The
        villages Cerveny Kamen and Lednicke Rovne are west of Puchov.

        LDS has church records for Cerveny Kamen. Lednicke Rovne and
        Vrs'atske Podhradie records might be available. Refer to LDS fiche
        #6000786.

        Slovak Telephone White Pages
        You might find relatives in Slovakia who have a telephone by looking
        them up in the phone book white pages at
        http://www.zoznamst.sk/eng/index.html using (at least) the first
        three letters of the family name and the area code 042.