Surnames: BIELIK and NOVOSAD

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2005
      Just realized a newer co-worker (part-time) has Slovak
      ancestors -- let me know if any of you have run into
      either of the above Surnames. The towns would be:

      Visatche Podrakdie
      Cerveny Kamen
      Lednicke Rovne

      She grew up in the South-East end of Chicago (not
      Hegwich, but close) -- member of St. Simon the Apostle
      Church as a kid.

      Thanks!
      Caye

      http://my.yahoo.com
    • Vern Lindquist
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2005
        My wife's father was John Bialek. Could this be same family? He was from
        Detmoravice, Selesia.

        >From: Caye Caswick <ccaswick@...>
        >To: rusyns <rusyns@yahoogroups.com>, slovak roots
        ><slovak-roots@yahoogroups.com>, slovak world
        ><slovak-world@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: [S-R] Surnames: BIELIK and NOVOSAD
        >Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:41:51 -0800 (PST)
        >

        >Just realized a newer co-worker (part-time) has Slovak
        >ancestors -- let me know if any of you have run into
        >either of the above Surnames. The towns would be:
        >
        >Visatche Podrakdie
        >Cerveny Kamen
        >Lednicke Rovne
        >
        >She grew up in the South-East end of Chicago (not
        >Hegwich, but close) -- member of St. Simon the Apostle
        >Church as a kid.
        >

        >Thanks!
        >Caye

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • johnqadam
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 28, 2005
          I believe that Visatche Podrakdie should be Vrs'atske Podhradie. The
          villages Cerveny Kamen and Lednicke Rovne are west of Puchov.

          LDS has church records for Cerveny Kamen. Lednicke Rovne and
          Vrs'atske Podhradie records might be available. Refer to LDS fiche
          #6000786.

          Slovak Telephone White Pages
          You might find relatives in Slovakia who have a telephone by looking
          them up in the phone book white pages at
          http://www.zoznamst.sk/eng/index.html using (at least) the first
          three letters of the family name and the area code 042.