Re: [S-R] Czech translation and Archivex/research question

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2005
      Dear Maura,
      In short;
      They are way too busy with their own archival work and genealogy is not one of their priorities.
      They recommend you to take a private genealogist.
      Vladimir

      Archivex never was conducting genealogical research. They were set up to handle payments, since the archive itself is not entitled to conduct foreign trade.
      The current situation is, that all archives are very busy and practically all the research is done private.
      In Brno I once counted 25 researchers at one time!
      Also from the technical standpoint, I would suggest you to take a private researcher, since the Czech records may be extremely difficult to read for a non-experienced person and they mostly are in german too.
      You can write me if you want.