Re: [S-R] Meaning of name ONDRAS

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 25, 2005
      In a message dated 1/25/05 1:56:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      konekta@... writes:

      > A nice old name.
      > Vladimir

      Vladimir,
      yes, and i remember my Dad as a nice guy. (with a nice name). i am glad
      that you said that Ondrej was Slovak.
      Noreen

    • Vladimir Bohinc
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 25, 2005
        Dear Noreen,
        There is an old latin proverb : "Nomen est omen", meaning your name will determine your destiny or character.
        Remember "A boy named Sue"?
        In movies a Slater is a bad boy, a Wayne is a good one. Holywood casters know this very good, so based on names of the persons you can determine at the beginning of the movie, who will be the bad one. It goes for both, firat or last names.
        A Zorro could never have a name Hrdlicka :-)
        There are a lot of signs out there, but most of the people are not aware of them.
        Vladimir

        http://www.eset.sk