Re: Papieren - Slovakia

  • helenezx@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2000
      In a message dated 2/23/0 4:09:25 AM, carsaho@... writes:

      << do you know
      the address of both? >>

      The only distinguishing thing is the postal code -

      Papieren near Kokova is 98505

      So you would write to

      Starosta (translsates to Mayor)
      98505 Papieren
      Slovak Republic

      or for one near Slavosovce

      Starosta
      04936 Papieren
      Slovak Republic

      Our Slovak Heritaqe & Folklore Society has a letter in Slovak and English
      that can be sent to a Mayor to ask if you have family there now.

      Best to write in Slovak to hope to get a reply- keep a copy - lots of mail is
      lost.

      Seems to me that it's entirely possible that your Papieren might be a place
      where there is a paper factory - this is a guess - does anyone know??

      If you want ancestors best to check out the LDS family history centers -
      they have recorded these records or have the Slovak Archives do a search for
      you.

      helene