Re: 1828 Census Headings and Words

  • Andrea Vangor
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2000
      Ok, I will venture to guess that coloni are true peasants with allotments,
      inquilini are renters (land workers who owned a house but no land).
      Sub-inquilini might be people who rented both land and living quarters.

      What a great find. Can't wait to get mine. I thought there would be far
      less information than you describe. Apparently the taxpayer is described in
      terms of other people living on his property?

      Andrea