Re: GASPEREC - Hlinik

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2005
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Stefanie" <elementxx@y...>
      wrote:

      > Looking for any information on siblings/parents of my great-
      > grandfather Frank (Frantisek) Gasperec. He was born on 22 Jul 1886
      > in Hlinik (immigrated 1902) and died 1 Sept 1967 in Chicago, IL. He
      > married Barbara Baranek in 1908 in Chicago and they had 6 children.
      >
      > He had a brother Paul (10 Oct 1877 - 30 April 1961) who also lived
      > in Chicago There is another brother Stephen (Stefan) who also
      > immigrated to the US, There may have been another brother as well,
      > who remained in Slovakia.
      >
      > Thanks in advance!

      Stefanie

      Four surnames Gas^perec immigrated to US from Hlinik (of which there
      are four located in Slovakia).

      In January 1900
      Stefan Gas^perec, age 25 (b. about 1875, married went to Pullman IL.

      In December 1902
      Frank Gas^perec, age 16 (b. about 1886), single went to his brother
      Stefan Gas^perec at 2401 Butler Street Chicago IL.

      In December 1903
      Maria Gas^perec, age 22 (b. about 1881), single went to her brother
      Stefan Gas^perec in Pullman IL, which is located 10 miles from
      Chicago.

      In February 1903
      István, Hungarian for Stefan Gas^perec, age 38 (b. about 1865) went to
      his stepbrother (no name listed) in Chicago IL.

      http://www.library.cornell.edu/Reps/DOCS/pullman.htm

      Frantis^ek (Frank) K