[S-R] Krompachy

  • James McGrath
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 12, 2005
      Hi everyone! It is nice to be able to write not with
      questions but success. I've been working through one
      of my ancestral lines in the village of Krompachy and
      have managed to get back to the early 18th century so
      far! Does anyone happen to have or know of any good
      information on this village? Just wondering. I'd also
      be interested if anyone knows of online library
      catalogues in Slovakia. My great great great uncle
      from Krompachy was Josef (or in the Hungarian spelling
      Jozsef) Repaszky, who was apparently a prominent
      Catholic theologian in his time. I'd be interested in
      tracking down copies of some of his books.

      Best wishes,

      James McGrath

      =====
      Dr. James F. McGrath
      Department of Philosophy and Religion
      Butler University, 4600 Sunset Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46208
      E-mail: jfmcgrat@...
      Web page: http://blue.butler.edu/~jfmcgrat/
      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Curt Bochanyin
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 12, 2005
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, James McGrath
        <jamesfrankmcgrath@y...> wrote:
        > I'd also
        > be interested if anyone knows of online library
        > catalogues in Slovakia. My great great great uncle
        > from Krompachy was Josef (or in the Hungarian spelling
        > Jozsef) Repaszky, who was apparently a prominent
        > Catholic theologian in his time. I'd be interested in
        > tracking down copies of some of his books.

        The portal for Slovak national catalog is at http://www.kis3g.sk

        If you don't read Slovak, just click on the little British flag at
        the bottom of the page and the catalog has an English interface.

        Curt B.