Basic Research Requirements

  • johnqadam
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2005
      is also necessary to know the religion.

      To locate church records for Slovakia, knowing the village/town name,
      go to the LDS web site:

      The family names are too common to use the phone directory for
      guidance.

      For basic research help, be sure to visit Bill Tarkulich's excellent
      site at http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/
    • johnqadam
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2005
        Ellis Island offers some possibilities. Using the Steve Morse site,
        we have 10 possible Jozef (various sp) Babjak in the 1900-1908
        period. Bulik has 4 Marias. Use http://www.stevemorse.org/ White
        Form. See if there are any that meet your requirements, especially in
        terms of destination.

        Once we have pinned down the village of origin, real progress can
        start.