Re: Istvany Vrabely

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "mikehamilton56"
      <mhamilton4@w...> wrote:

      > Thanks to Frank, Dr."Q" and Bill,
      >
      > Sorry I can't improve on the link. I did put a new file with an
      > enlargement of the record. Just go to the files page at
      Slovak-Roots.

      > Thanks,
      > Mike

      Mike

      The page heading read "Christ the Lord births after 1842"

      I can only speculate.
      The enlarged segment is much better.
      The "ats" certainly looks like Hungarian script letters, รก t s ?

      The two surnames listed were the parents.
      Father was RK. religion and the mother was GK. religion, so they had
      a "mixed marriage".
      The letter V especially in the g.v. looks like a script letter v.
      The mother was from Lomnicza (H) Lomnitz (G) now Lomnica (Sk)
      However the third letter after the script letter L has to be letter m
      but looks like a v ? Perhaps it was meant to be a letter m ?
      In 8 different place name spellings not a single letter v.
      Have never seen any Magyar abbrev. used for Catholic except rk. RK.
      or gk. GK.

      The R.C. parish church records for Sac^urov are listed under Sac^urov.
      The G.C. parish church records for Lomnicza (H) Lomnica (Sk) ) are
      listed under Cabov.

      Frank K
    • James McGrath
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 12, 2005
        Hi everyone! It is nice to be able to write not with
        questions but success. I've been working through one
        of my ancestral lines in the village of Krompachy and
        have managed to get back to the early 18th century so
        far! Does anyone happen to have or know of any good
        information on this village? Just wondering. I'd also
        be interested if anyone knows of online library
        catalogues in Slovakia. My great great great uncle
        from Krompachy was Josef (or in the Hungarian spelling
        Jozsef) Repaszky, who was apparently a prominent
        Catholic theologian in his time. I'd be interested in
        tracking down copies of some of his books.

        Best wishes,

        James McGrath

        =====
        Dr. James F. McGrath
        Department of Philosophy and Religion
        Butler University, 4600 Sunset Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46208
        E-mail: jfmcgrat@...
        Web page: http://blue.butler.edu/~jfmcgrat/
        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Curt Bochanyin
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 12, 2005
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, James McGrath
          <jamesfrankmcgrath@y...> wrote:
          > I'd also
          > be interested if anyone knows of online library
          > catalogues in Slovakia. My great great great uncle
          > from Krompachy was Josef (or in the Hungarian spelling
          > Jozsef) Repaszky, who was apparently a prominent
          > Catholic theologian in his time. I'd be interested in
          > tracking down copies of some of his books.

          The portal for Slovak national catalog is at http://www.kis3g.sk

          If you don't read Slovak, just click on the little British flag at
          the bottom of the page and the catalog has an English interface.

          Curt B.