Re: [S-R] Istvany Vrabely

  • Dr. Joe Q.
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
      The "a?s" is still not clear, just post the few lines around the name at
      a higher resolution. Can you put together a smaller link??

      such as http://www.facstaff.bucknell.edu/rbeard/name.html

      Dr. "Q"

      ;-)

      mikehamilton56 wrote:

      >I posted a new file with an enlargement of the record which shows
      >the "ats" entry a little better.
      >

      >I think Lovnicza = Lomnicza a nearby village.
      >
      >Thanks,
      >Mike

    • mikehamilton56
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
        Thanks to Frank, Dr."Q" and Bill,

        Sorry I can't improve on the link. I did put a new file with an
        enlargement of the record. Just go to the files page at Slovak-Roots.

        Thanks,
        Mike
      • Frank
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "mikehamilton56"
          <mhamilton4@w...> wrote:

          > Thanks to Frank, Dr."Q" and Bill,
          >
          > Sorry I can't improve on the link. I did put a new file with an
          > enlargement of the record. Just go to the files page at
          Slovak-Roots.

          > Thanks,
          > Mike

          Mike

          The page heading read "Christ the Lord births after 1842"

          I can only speculate.
          The enlarged segment is much better.
          The "ats" certainly looks like Hungarian script letters, รก t s ?

          The two surnames listed were the parents.
          Father was RK. religion and the mother was GK. religion, so they had
          a "mixed marriage".
          The letter V especially in the g.v. looks like a script letter v.
          The mother was from Lomnicza (H) Lomnitz (G) now Lomnica (Sk)
          However the third letter after the script letter L has to be letter m
          but looks like a v ? Perhaps it was meant to be a letter m ?
          In 8 different place name spellings not a single letter v.
          Have never seen any Magyar abbrev. used for Catholic except rk. RK.
          or gk. GK.

          The R.C. parish church records for Sac^urov are listed under Sac^urov.
          The G.C. parish church records for Lomnicza (H) Lomnica (Sk) ) are
          listed under Cabov.

          Frank K
        • James McGrath
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 12, 2005
            Hi everyone! It is nice to be able to write not with
            questions but success. I've been working through one
            of my ancestral lines in the village of Krompachy and
            have managed to get back to the early 18th century so
            far! Does anyone happen to have or know of any good
            information on this village? Just wondering. I'd also
            be interested if anyone knows of online library
            catalogues in Slovakia. My great great great uncle
            from Krompachy was Josef (or in the Hungarian spelling
            Jozsef) Repaszky, who was apparently a prominent
            Catholic theologian in his time. I'd be interested in
            tracking down copies of some of his books.

            Best wishes,

            James McGrath

            =====
            Dr. James F. McGrath
            Department of Philosophy and Religion
            Butler University, 4600 Sunset Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46208
            E-mail: jfmcgrat@...
            Web page: http://blue.butler.edu/~jfmcgrat/
            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Curt Bochanyin
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 12, 2005
              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, James McGrath
              <jamesfrankmcgrath@y...> wrote:
              > I'd also
              > be interested if anyone knows of online library
              > catalogues in Slovakia. My great great great uncle
              > from Krompachy was Josef (or in the Hungarian spelling
              > Jozsef) Repaszky, who was apparently a prominent
              > Catholic theologian in his time. I'd be interested in
              > tracking down copies of some of his books.

              The portal for Slovak national catalog is at http://www.kis3g.sk

              If you don't read Slovak, just click on the little British flag at
              the bottom of the page and the catalog has an English interface.

              Curt B.