RE: [S-R] Help with Baptismal Record of Istvany Vrabely

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2005
      1. I believe you are getting tripped up on old-style script handwriting.
      What you are actually seeing is R.r. and G.r. are "Roman rite" and "Greek
      rite" respectively.

      2. I agree with Mike that the village name is probably "Lomnicza", another
      old-style handwriting transcription error.

      3. Polgari allasa es Lakhelye -This is Magyar language. You may have a
      couple of extra letters in here, but in general, you are correct in your
      transcription.

      4. ats - need to see more of the document for handwriting style. I'm not
      convinced you have the letters correct. It may be part of the next column
      to the right.

      Bill Tarkulich