Papieren - Slovakia

  • Carlos Salinas
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22 6:19 PM
      Hello listers, I need your help to find the address of the Municipality of
      Papieren.
      Papieren is a small town in Slovakia, Hungary.
      Any help will be really appreciated.
      Thanks in advance
      Carlos

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 22 6:50 PM
        In a message dated 2/23/0 3:24:21 AM, carsaho@... writes:

        << Papieren is a small town in Slovakia, Hungary. >>

        There are two - do you have an old county designation to go with the name or
        any other clues - both look to be quite small.

        One is just north west of Kokova near Hnusta-Likier in old Gemer-Malohont or
        Gomor County; the other is near Slavosovce and Ochtina with the argonite
        caves. Looks like this is in Gemer-Malohont too. It's father east.

        helene
      • Carlos Salinas
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 22 7:04 PM
          Thanks for you e-mail Helene, but I don't know which town is it, do you know
          the address of both?
          Greetings

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 22 7:56 PM
            In a message dated 2/23/0 4:09:25 AM, carsaho@... writes:

            << do you know
            the address of both? >>

            The only distinguishing thing is the postal code -

            Papieren near Kokova is 98505

            So you would write to

            Starosta (translsates to Mayor)
            98505 Papieren
            Slovak Republic

            or for one near Slavosovce

            Starosta
            04936 Papieren
            Slovak Republic

            Our Slovak Heritaqe & Folklore Society has a letter in Slovak and English
            that can be sent to a Mayor to ask if you have family there now.

            Best to write in Slovak to hope to get a reply- keep a copy - lots of mail is
            lost.

            Seems to me that it's entirely possible that your Papieren might be a place
            where there is a paper factory - this is a guess - does anyone know??

            If you want ancestors best to check out the LDS family history centers -
            they have recorded these records or have the Slovak Archives do a search for
            you.

            helene