More Latin help please!

  • sabinov@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2000
      Can't seem to find these in any of my books either.....

      Fundi Intravillani

      Intravillanae (then a little tiny square) orgyae

      then also under the 14th column headed "Observatones" (observations)
      some persons have things written which seem to possibly be occupations?

      By my gr/gr/gr/grandfather is written

      Panifer cum uno Sodali

      This word Sodali is written a lot in that column.
      The "panifer" could be "paniser" as the letter is written like a cursive
      lower case f, which could be an old fashioned s.

      Any help appreciated.

    • Joe Armata
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24, 2000
        My two-cent guess is "Breadwinner (head of house) with one dependent"
        (literally bread-bearer with one companion).

        Joe Armata
        joe@...

      • sabinov@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 24, 2000
          That's a good guess about "breadwinner".

          I'll let you all know if I ever figure it out for certain.