RE: [S-R] Place Name Help - Csivska

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2005
      PODCICVA is nowadays a part of the town of SEDLISKA.
      Roman Catholic SEDLISKA records are with VRANOV NAD TOPLOU
      Greek Catholic Records for SEDLISKA are under SEDLISKA.
      Source: "Prehlad matrík na Slovensku do zostátnenia matricnej agendy"
      (Survey of parish registers in Slovakia up to the time of civil
      registration)
      FHL catalog entry: http://tinyurl.com/725fk

      Good Luck,
      ______________
      Bill Tarkulich

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2005
        Podcicva church records are likely in Sedliska.

        LDS has Greek Catholic parish register of births, marriages, and
        deaths for Sedliská, Slovakia; formerly Szedliczke, Zemplén, Hungary.

        Fiches (Set of 6) LDS #6000786
        To be sure, check Survey of parish registers in Slovakia up to the
        time of civil registration. Provides details of church records that
        are held in Slovak archives. Index is on fiche #6 and page
        references refer to different religions. Most of these church records
        are available on film via your LDS Family History Center.

        As well, the very informative 1869 Hungarian Census is available:

        Magyarkrucsó (Uhorský Kruèov) -- Majorócz (Majerovce) -- Makócz
        (Makovce) -- Makkoshotyka -- Matyasócz (Matiašovce) FHL INTL Film
        722738