Slovak Day @ Slovak Gardens, Orlando, Florida

  • ylbrd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2000
      This is not an advertizement only local information...to meet others with the
      same intrests.....
      Ahoj Florida Slovaks!
      SLOVAK GARDENS
      The Slovak Garden
      A Home for Slovak Americans
      3110 Howell Branch Road, #1
      Winter Park, Florida 32792
      Phone + (407) 677-6894 / Fax + (407) 677-8442
      Since the year 1952, on the first Sunday in March, it sponsors the annual
      "Slovak Day" on the grounds. There is a varied attendance of 400 to 1200
      depending largely on weather conditions in Florida and in other parts of the
      country. Those in attendance are provided an authentic Slovak Dinner, Slovak
      music and a cultural program. On this occasion one of the distinguished
      members or prominent Slovak American figures is honored as the "Slovak
      Man/Lady of the Year" and awarded a handsome plaque in recognition of his/her
      life long dedication to Slovak culture and heritage in America. Attendants at
      the Slovak Day come from all parts of the United States, Canada and Slovakia.

      Slovak Garden operates a full time library and museum which is open to the
      public daily, free of charge, from 8:00 A.M. until 12:30 P.M. This is the
      only American-Slovak library and museum in the southern part of the United
      States. This will be open during Slovak Day.
      To read more........
      http://www.iarelative.com/flslovak/index.html

      SLOVAK DAY "2000"
      Sunday March 5, 2000
      11am-8pm
      $20 per person
      11am - Slovak Mass
      1pm - Dinner
      Dinner: Traditional homemade Slovak fare.... Haluskis, Holupki, Kiska,
      sausage, Chicken soup, Desert.
      Music & Entertainment by "Europe"
      Call 677-6894 to make reservations @ $20 per person
      SLOVAK WORLD will have 2 tables of 10
      reserved by Cathy Ambrisko Mullenix (ylbrd@...) let me
      know.........incase I need more tables!
      EVERYONE WELCOME!
      My family & cousins from Pennsylvania attended last year, we all had a very
      nice time. Join us!