Old Prayer

  • Frank Schoemann
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2005
      My maternal grandmother was from Rohoznik, near Malacky. She passed
      away in 1922 at the age of 29 in the USA after her fourth
      childbirth. My 91 year-old aunt was about 7 when her mother died and
      remembers a prayer taught to her. Neither my aunt or anyone else in
      my family recognizes the language of the prayer. German was spoken
      in my Mother's/aunt'household as my grandfather was from Germany.

      I would like to give the prayer here spelled phonetically as my aunt
      remembers it.

      Bombu, Dinom, Dobru
      Einglelischka, Obrudrobula
      Tzelu, Boshu, Notz Amen

      I would like to know the language and meaning of the prayer if
      anybody knows it.

      I have also recorded my aunt saying the prayer on a digital recorder.
      If anybody who thinks they know this prayer would give me their phone
      # I could play the recording to them.