Re: [S-R] Christmas soup!

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 30, 2004
      That's curiously close to the surname of one of my
      co-workers -- OLEJNICZAK -- wonder if it's a shortened
      version -- know of any relatives in Chicago?

      Caye

      --- nhasior@... wrote:

      > Standard Time,
      > meg-n-andysmom@... writes:
      >

      > > Noreen,
      > >
      > > I'm wondering if the Olineks who used to live down
      > the hall from you are
      > > some how related to me. I've only seen the
      > spelling Olenik or Olejnik.
      > > I'll have to get with you one day about this once
      > everything calms down.
      > >
      > > Jaent McKinley
      > >

      > Hi Janet
      > I could be wrong about the spelling. i did an
      > infospace.com search for
      > Olinek, Olenik and Olejnik. actually, there are
      > Olejniks in the area of where we
      > lived and no Olineks at all. So your suggestion is
      > probably the correct
      > spelling. Olejnik. I remember that they were nice
      > people. we lived in an apartment
      > house on the corner of Third Street and Clifton
      > Avenue and it had a Polish
      > deli downstairs, an Italian novelty store, an
      > antique dealer, a pet shop and an
      > office. there were four apartment houses upstairs
      > and we lived on one corner
      > and the Oleniks lived on the further corner. since
      > we did not share a common
      > hallway, the smell from the cooking of the cabbage
      > must have been powerful
      > enough to come through the walls. :O)
      > (As did our cooking as well)
      > where did your relatives named Olenik or Olejnik
      > live?
      > Noreen

      > removed]

      http://my.yahoo.com
    • Janet
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 30, 2004
        All of my relatives named Olenik lived in Youngstown, Ohio as far as I know.
        My maternal grandmother was an Olenik. Her father and mother immigrated
        here around 1908 or so. None of this info is permanently etched in my brain
        right now...due with 3rd baby in Feb. I haven't gotten very far in the
        research to see where my great grandfathers siblings if any came with him.
        I know Dr. Joe Q, who is on this list, might possibly be a relative on the
        Olenik side. Sorry I don't have any other info to share.

        Janet

        _____

        In a message dated 12/26/04 11:23:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        meg-n-andysmom@... writes:

        > Noreen,
        >
        > I'm wondering if the Olineks who used to live down the hall from you are
        > some how related to me. I've only seen the spelling Olenik or Olejnik.
        > I'll have to get with you one day about this once everything calms down.
        >
        > Jaent McKinley

        Hi Janet
        I could be wrong about the spelling. i did an infospace.com search for
        Olinek, Olenik and Olejnik. actually, there are Olejniks in the area of
        where we
        lived and no Olineks at all. So your suggestion is probably the correct
        spelling. Olejnik. I remember that they were nice people. we lived in an
        apartment
        house on the corner of Third Street and Clifton Avenue and it had a Polish
        deli downstairs, an Italian novelty store, an antique dealer, a pet shop and
        an
        office. there were four apartment houses upstairs and we lived on one
        corner
        and the Oleniks lived on the further corner. since we did not share a
        common
        hallway, the smell from the cooking of the cabbage must have been powerful
        enough to come through the walls. :O)
        (As did our cooking as well)
        where did your relatives named Olenik or Olejnik live?
        Noreen

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1292ad2ut/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1705040837:HM/EXP=1104491121/A=2495202/R=0/SIG=11evjk50a/*http://www.
        netflix.com/Default?mqso=60188913> click here

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=
        :HM/A=2495202/rand=249885717>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links