Re: re Elisabeth Halabrin/John Prepelica

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 24, 2004
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "maxthemoose" <maxthemoose@w...>
      wrote:
      > To Everyone,
      > Thank you so much to everyone who wrote with ideas,
      suggestions and web sites. I went on line and found an LDS Center
      near me. They will be closed until after the New Year. I will then
      check with them.
      > Maxine

      Maxine

      caveat (L)

      Church records prior to 1895 were transferred to the Slovak Republic
      State Archives.

      The LDS-Mormons have filmed all the parish church records at six of
      the seven Slovak State Archives in Slovakia (except for Bratislava)

      R.C. parish church records (1697-1902) and Lutheran parish church
      records (1733-1902) do exist for Sobtis^te and Podranc^ under
      Sobtis^te.

      However, I expect Sobtis^te records are at the Main Bratislava
      Archives (Archív hlavného mesta SR Bratislavy) whose records the LDS
      has not as yet filmed.

      Fee charged, archives has three different rates.
      Clerical, the cheapest, the basic research, and the most difficult,
      the more expensive.
      They will do research you request then send you a bill which you must
      pay before they mail the information.

      http://www.slovak.com/genealogy/adresy_na_slovensku.html

      Someone on list can tell you how to contact main Bratislava Archive or
      hire a researcher for surname records at archives.

      Frank K