re Elisabeth Halabrin/John Prepelica

  • maxthemoose
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2004
      To Everyone,
      Thank you so much to everyone who wrote with ideas, suggestions and web sites. I went on line and found an LDS Center near me. They will be closed until after the New Year. I will then check with them.
      Maxine

    • Frank
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 24, 2004
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "maxthemoose" <maxthemoose@w...>
        wrote:
        > To Everyone,
        > Thank you so much to everyone who wrote with ideas,
        suggestions and web sites. I went on line and found an LDS Center
        near me. They will be closed until after the New Year. I will then
        check with them.
        > Maxine

        Maxine

        caveat (L)

        Church records prior to 1895 were transferred to the Slovak Republic
        State Archives.

        The LDS-Mormons have filmed all the parish church records at six of
        the seven Slovak State Archives in Slovakia (except for Bratislava)

        R.C. parish church records (1697-1902) and Lutheran parish church
        records (1733-1902) do exist for Sobtis^te and Podranc^ under
        Sobtis^te.

        However, I expect Sobtis^te records are at the Main Bratislava
        Archives (Archív hlavného mesta SR Bratislavy) whose records the LDS
        has not as yet filmed.

        Fee charged, archives has three different rates.
        Clerical, the cheapest, the basic research, and the most difficult,
        the more expensive.
        They will do research you request then send you a bill which you must
        pay before they mail the information.

        http://www.slovak.com/genealogy/adresy_na_slovensku.html

        Someone on list can tell you how to contact main Bratislava Archive or
        hire a researcher for surname records at archives.

        Frank K