Re: MAGES

  • sabinov@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 1999
      Hi Jo,

      I can suggest two things to you, if you have not done them already.....

      1. Search the appropriate US census films for where they settled.
      Tracking them from the 1920 census backwards (much better than searching
      from a certain date forwards) is the best thing to do, start with either
      the 1920 or the last one in which they were alive. You can check the
      section on US census on my Helpful Hints page. Searching the censuses
      will give you information on children, year of naturalization and
      possible year of arrival, and with that information you can go in all
      kinds of directions....

      2. If that area of Bohemia is now in the Czech Republic, those records
      are not microfilmed. For those records you must send a request into the
      appropriate archive, which can take a long time, but if you have a date
      to start with they can find information for you. See the information on
      http://cgsi.org/archives/archive.htm

      Your other query on relatives from Germany will also need to be
      researched through the censuses.

      Hope this helps you.

      Maura Petzolt Mobile Alabama USA
      sabinov@...