JOZSA surname - any assistance appreciated

  • Ron Davison
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16, 2000
      My ggrandfather was Stephen Jozsa b 6/16/1873 Austria Hungary, d
      10/15/1943 Ohio
      Per death certificate Stephen entered US aged around 15
      Parents and exact birthplace unknown

      Married to Bertha Smythe or Smith b 10/1/1879 Germany d 10/26/1937 Ohio
      Per death certificate Bertha's parents (first name unknown) Smythe &
      Mary Smythe both born Germany

      1. If above in anyone's line be glad to share info. I have some
      descendent information, not all.
      2. Any general information on Jozsa surname would be appreciated - my
      grandmother told me there was royal blood in the family, but that may be
      from Bertha - I have recently been advised she had a Hapsburg lineage.
      I do not have any information on the Jozsa's at all.

      Thanks in advance.

      Ron Davison
    • Helenezx@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 17, 2000
        In a message dated 2/17/0 6:55:18 AM, rond@... writes:

        << My ggrandfather was Stephen Jozsa >>

        Hi Ron -

        We have one listing in our Slovak Pride data base for a

        Village & Cty Ancestor
        Spis. Vlachy SPIS Jozza

        with s's and z's sometimes intermingled - this might be a possibility. A lot
        of Slvoak Americans have roots in Spis county.

        helene