Re: SENKO,KLOCANKA,BUTKOVSKA,STRETAVSKA

  • Helenezx@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2000
      In a message dated 2/14/0 6:09:12 PM, rstephans@... writes:

      << They were from Cecehov in what is now the Slovak Republic. Apparently
      this tiny village was close to Michalovce (sp?). >>

      Hi Ron,

      C~ec~ehov is about 6 kilometers southeast of Michalovce and was located in
      Uz~ county when they had the county system. It's not so tiny as 100 years ago
      and has grown as so many villages have grown there. There is a church.

      The C~ec~ehov records have been filmed by the LDS church and if there is a
      family history center near you - you can find the families in the records.

      Another way to get info on ancestors is to have the Slovak archives do a
      serch - they sometimes can go way back.

      Good luck!

      helene
    • Jawjohnson16@cs.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2000
        Rod,

        These are the LDS filmed records that I was talking about --- I know that Uz
        was microfilmed because this is where I found much needed information about
        my relatives in Lachovce, Ungvarsk which is now Uzhorod. See, I didn't think
        that I was crazy........

        Joy Johnson