SENKO,KLOCANKA,BUTKOVSKA,STRETAVSKA

  • rstephans@pol.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2000
      I am researching my wife's Slovak family. The above names are her grandparents' family names. They were from Cecehov in what is now the Slovak Republic. Apparently this tiny village was close to Michalovce (sp?). Any info or direction you can give me would be appreciated. I'm brand new to this, and am enjoying is thoroughly. Thanks alot. Sincrely, Ron
    • Helenezx@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2000
        In a message dated 2/14/0 6:09:12 PM, rstephans@... writes:

        << They were from Cecehov in what is now the Slovak Republic. Apparently
        this tiny village was close to Michalovce (sp?). >>

        Hi Ron,

        C~ec~ehov is about 6 kilometers southeast of Michalovce and was located in
        Uz~ county when they had the county system. It's not so tiny as 100 years ago
        and has grown as so many villages have grown there. There is a church.

        The C~ec~ehov records have been filmed by the LDS church and if there is a
        family history center near you - you can find the families in the records.

        Another way to get info on ancestors is to have the Slovak archives do a
        serch - they sometimes can go way back.

        Good luck!

        helene
      • Jawjohnson16@cs.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 14, 2000
          Rod,

          These are the LDS filmed records that I was talking about --- I know that Uz
          was microfilmed because this is where I found much needed information about
          my relatives in Lachovce, Ungvarsk which is now Uzhorod. See, I didn't think
          that I was crazy........

          Joy Johnson