Re: [S-R] Kumrowitz

  • Thomas Reimer
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2004
      There is a Kumrowitz near Bruenn in Moravia, today a part of the city of
      Bruenn/Brno. The area had a large native German population.

      On the Map Kumrowitz is a bit difficult to see, its in the South of Bruenn
      at the city limit, a little left of Czernowitz which is easier to see, at
      http://www.bruennerzeitung.org/?rmode=1&rpar=9&article=317

      The white area is the rural area that remained German-speaking in the late
      19th century.

      Thomas

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2004
        Dear Mrs.Christiansen,
        In case, you would be interested in having a research done in Kumrowitz, you can write me to
        konekta@...
        I do research in this area.The place or better say this part of Brno is now called Komarov.
        The records there go back till 1730.
        With best regards,
        Vladimir Bohinc
        www.konekta.sk

        I'm a new member and my G-Grandmother Olga Ulla Hoffer was born 8/4-
        1887 in Kumrowitz, Austria.I have tryed for some years to find
        Kumrowitz with out any luck. My problem is that I have infomation on
        2 different Mothers to Olga Ulla Hoffer. So I hope that somebody
        know where Kumrowitz was and what it's called today.
        Regards
        Majbrit Christiansen, Denmark

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        http://www.eset.sk

      • Majbrit Christiansen
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 12, 2004
          Hi Vladimir !
          Thank you very much for your reply.
          I would be very greatfull if you would find her birth papers for me.
          I know that her father were Rudolf Hoffer b.?, in ? and her mother could be either Elisabeth Aspred b.?, in ?, or Leopoldine Rigner b. ?, in ?
          She have a big sister who was born in Egypt.
          Olga Ulla Hoffer married Jens J�rgen Schwaner, 26/11-1916 in Wienna, Austria. If posible I would be interested in this dokument also.
          Also if Olga Ulla had any siblings.
          Hope to hear from you soon.
          Regards
          Majbrit Christiansen
          tirbjammc@...

          Vladimir Bohinc <konekta@...> wrote:
          Dear Mrs.Christiansen,
          In case, you would be interested in having a research done in Kumrowitz, you can write me to
          konekta@...
          I do research in this area.The place or better say this part of Brno is now called Komarov.
          The records there go back till 1730.
          With best regards,
          Vladimir Bohinc
          www.konekta.sk

          I'm a new member and my G-Grandmother Olga Ulla Hoffer was born 8/4-
          1887 in Kumrowitz, Austria.I have tryed for some years to find
          Kumrowitz with out any luck. My problem is that I have infomation on
          2 different Mothers to Olga Ulla Hoffer. So I hope that somebody
          know where Kumrowitz was and what it's called today.
          Regards
          Majbrit Christiansen, Denmark

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          http://www.eset.sk