Re: Place Name Help - Surname Va'mos^ # 2

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 7, 2004
      John

      On Jun 2,1903 Julia Vamos, Slovak, maid servant, age 16 (b. about
      1887), single, born in Alsocsaj, Hungary had emigrated via Ellis
      Island to her brother-in-law János (H) Jan (Sk) John Varga in Duquesne
      PA.
      Duquesne was a mill town near McKeeport located just east of
      Pittsburgh in SW PA.

      On Oct 11, 1910 Erzsebet (H) Alzbeta (Sk) Elizabeth Vamos, Slovak,age
      18 (b. about 1892), single, born in Alsocsaj, Hungary had emigrated
      via Ellis Island to her uncle György (H) Juraj (Sk) George Juhacz in
      Donora PA.
      Her closest next of kin was her father István (H) Stefan (Sk) Stephen
      Vamos in Alsocsaj, Hungary.
      Donora is a small industrial town south of Pittsburgh which
      experienced this nation's worst air pollution disaster in 1948, when
      3,500 of its inhabitants were hospitalized and 20 died.

      Frank K
    • Vladimir Linder
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 7, 2004
        Fall and winter issues of the Slovak Heritage Live newsletter are at the
        printer now and they will be mailed out next week.

        For a free sample issues of the newsletter please send me your postal address.

        Many thanks Vladi
        vlinder49@...

        Vladimir Linder
        Slovak Heritage Live quarterly Newsletter
        3804 Yale Street, Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
        Phone/Fax:: (604) 291-8065, Cell: (604) 889-4616
        Email: vlinder49@...
        FREE sample issue upon request. ONE TIME OFFER GOOD ONLY IN NORTH AMERICA
        Slovak-English and English-Slovak Translations US$35.00 per page

        You may check out our home pages at:

        www.slovakheritage.org
        www.lindervideo.com
        www.liptovskateplicka.com

        Advertising rates:

        Full page 9 3/4 x 7 1/4 US$600.00
        1/2 page 4 3/4 x 7 1/4 US$300.00
        1/4 page 3 3/4 x 4 3/4 US$150.00
        1/8 page 2 3/8 x 4 US$ 75.00
        1/12 page 2 3/8 x 2.5 US$ 50.00
      • Vladimir Linder
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 6, 2006
          Slovak Heritage Live Spring and Summer issues have been published and
          will be mailed out tomorrow from Seattle, Washnington.

          Spring Issue:
          Travelogue of my Fall 2005 trip to Slovakia
          Advantage Car Rentals, their story
          25 anniversary of Folklore Group BYSTRINA from Banska Bystrica
          50 Anniversary of folklore group MOSTAR from Brezno

          Summer Issue:
          Comenius University in Bratislava Centre for continuing education,
          Institute for Language and academic preparation (UJOP)
          Master Craftsmen JOZEF LENHART and JURAJ LEPORIS
          MAUTHAUSEN Cconcentration Camp in Austria
          Dobsina Ice Cave
          Auschwitz-Birkenau Concentration Camp in Poland
          Milan Rastislav Stefanik and his travels
          SLOVAKIA'S SUMMER FOLKLORE FESTIVALS

          Summary will be posted soon at:

          http://www.slovakheritage.org/SHLnewsletter/shl.htm

          If you like to receive a complimentary copy of SHL please send your
          postal address to vlinder49@...
          This offer is good only for first time requests in North America

          I can also mail you electronic version in PDF format no ptoblem.

          Vladimir Linder
          Slovak Heritage Live quarterly Newsletter
          3804 Yale Street, Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
          Phone/Fax:: (604) 291-8065, Cell: (604) 889-4616
          Email: vlinder49@...

          For sample issue please send US$2.00 to the above address.
          Subscription US$25.00 per year.
          Slovak-English and English-Slovak Translations US$45.00 per page

          Next genealogical and ancestral village videos and photography trip
          starts JUNE 12, 2006

          You may check out our home pages at:

          www.slovakheritage.org
          www.lindervideo.com
          www.liptovskateplicka.com

          To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
          My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-918-075-291
          Advertising rates:

          Full page 9 3/4 x 7 1/4 US$720.00
          1/2 page 4 3/4 x 7 1/4 US$360.00
          1/4 page 3 3/4 x 4 3/4 US$180.00
          1/8 page 2 3/8 x 4 US$ 90.00
          1/12 page 2 3/8 x 2.5 US$ 75.00
        • Vladimir Linder
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
            FALL and WINTER issues of SLOVAK HERITAGE LIVE newsletter are ready
            to be mailed out tomorrow from Seattle.

            If you aren't a subscriber yet and like to receive complimentary copy
            please email Vladimir

            at: vlinder49@...

            with your snail mail address

            Vladi
          • Vladimir Linder
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
              Down to last 40 free copies.

              >FALL and WINTER issues of SLOVAK HERITAGE LIVE newsletter are ready
              >to be mailed out tomorrow from Seattle.
              >
              >If you aren't a subscriber yet and like to receive FREE complimentary copy
              >please email Vladimir
              >
              >at: <mailto:vlinder49%40gmail.com>vlinder49@...
              >
              >with your snail mail address
              >
              >Vladi

              Vladimir Linder
              Slovak Heritage Live quarterly Newsletter
              3804 Yale Street, Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
              Phone/Fax:: (604) 291-8065, Cell: (604) 889-4616
              Email: vlinder49@...

              For sample issue please send US$8.00 to the above address.
              Subscription US$25.00 per year.
              Slovak-English and English-Slovak Translations US$50.00 per page

              Next Slovakia Genealogical research trip starts JUNE, 2009
              To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...

              My cells in Slovakia are: 011-421-918-075-291 or 011-421-914-109-444

              You may check out our home pages at:

              http://www.slovakheritage.org
              http://www.slovakheritagelive.com
              http://www.lindervideo.com
              http://www.liptovskateplicka.com
              http://www.slovakgenealogy.com
              http://www.slovakiagenealogy.com
              http://www.pensiondolinka.com

              177 videos at: http://www.youtube.com/user/vladi49
            • Joseph Kenney
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
                thanks Vladi

                see below....

                ________________________________

                FALL and WINTER issues of SLOVAK HERITAGE LIVE newsletter are ready
                to be mailed out tomorrow from Seattle.

                If you aren't a subscriber yet and like to receive complimentary copy
                please email Vladimir

                at: vlinder49@gmail. com

                with your snail mail address
                Joe Kenney
                22 Baker Street
                Winsted, CT 06098-1302

                Vladi

              • Vladimir Linder
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 9, 2008
                  Will be mailed, no problem

                  Vladi

                  At 03:53 PM 12/9/2008, you wrote:

                  >thanks Vladi
                  >
                  >see below....
                  >

                  >________________________________

                • voony
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 10, 2008
                    Vladi I would also like a copy of the newsletter and info for subscription

                    R von Berge
                    10763 Charring Cross
                    Whitmore Lake,Mi 48189

                    Thanks

                    ________________________________
                    >FALL and WINTER issues of SLOVAK HERITAGE LIVE newsletter are ready
                    >to be mailed out tomorrow from Seattle.
                    >
                    >If you aren't a subscriber yet and like to receive complimentary copy
                    >please email Vladimir
                    >
                    >at: vlinder49@gmail. com
                    >
                    >with your snail mail address
                    >Joe Kenney
                    >22 Baker Street
                    >Winsted, CT 06098-1302
                    >
                    >Vladi

                  • Donna Lanik
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 10, 2008
                      Vladimir
                      I would also like a copy of the newsletter and info for a subscription

                      Donna Lanik
                      1120 St.Abigail St. SW
                      Hartville, OH 44632

                      Vladimir Linder wrote:

                      > FALL and WINTER issues of SLOVAK HERITAGE LIVE newsletter are ready
                      > to be mailed out tomorrow from Seattle.
                      >
                      > If you aren't a subscriber yet and like to receive complimentary copy
                      > please email Vladimir
                      >
                      > at: vlinder49@... <mailto:vlinder49%40gmail.com>
                      >
                      > with your snail mail address
                      >
                      > Vladi