Czech archives info

  • Maura Petzolt
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2000
      For those new or interested in getting info from the Czech archives, see
      http://cgsi.org/archives/archive.htm for good, detailed info. I followed
      their info there on sending to Archivex and did fine... tho I wrote a
      letter with the info asked for on the form for the "running account".

      The first time I only knew the villlage name Pohori, and there were
      seven to choose from, so they had to send to different regional archives
      until they found the one mine were in (as I had a specific birth date to
      go with). So if you don't know specifically what village you are looking
      for, send to Archivex, not a specific archive.

      And remember, it takes close to a year, or right at a year to get
      anything.

      You will note you can also do this with the Slovak Archives, -but- those
      records are filmed and you can really do that yourself.