Re: [S-R] Zips and Donauschwaben Area Connections

  • krisstrot@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2004
      The interesting thing about my Zipser-Saxon Grandfather and my Donauschwaben
      Grandmother is that they met in Detroit in about 1919. I find it fascinating
      that they had very similar yet completely different backgrounds but still
      found each other in a distant, completely foreign country/culture. Grandpa came
      over in 1903 and Grandma came over in 1910, yet didn't meet until years later.
      They married when they were in their mid-30's.
      Kris