Re: Prozac?

  • Joan Hendershot
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 12, 2000
      Hi Rod:

      In the Presov region I found Prosacov (Slovak) Prosaciv (Rusyn) and Porszacs
      (Hungarian) Can this be your Prozac?

      Joan
    • Jawjohnson16@cs.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 12, 2000
        Hi,

        My name is Joy Wilkinson-Johnson and I have been doing genealogy (off and on)
        for nearly 24 years -- After spending a great many years collecting
        information from living relatives on their family members and anything they
        may remember about the "long past" relatives, I have just now began searching
        in what use to be Austria-Hungary. The LDS Church (The Church of Jesus
        Christ of Latter-day Saints) has a wonderful FREE Windows genealogy program
        that you can load off of the internet. Check Familysearch.com and see if it
        is located there. This will help you organize your names into families and
        also gives you areas for notes, sources, etc. This program is great and will
        help you --- also, if you have any problems or questions they have free help
        at their 800 number --- you can probably get that from Familysearch.com. As
        for areas in the old country --- I am new at this (searching the old country)
        as well and my suggestion to you would be to postpone your trip to the old
        country until you get familar with the information that you would need to
        look for while there. You may not know where to go to get the information
        considering that a great deal of records may not be where they were
        originally -- One fellow on the internet did let me know that the LDS have
        copied a great deal of records already from some of these areas try looking
        for your locsl LDS Family History Center (they are located in one of the
        Church buildings nearest you). They may have the microfilm of these areas
        and you could then ask then about what information to look for in the old
        country and where to find the information once you are there. Do that before
        you leave --- so you are more organized before you go.

        Jawjohnson16@...

        Good luck in all that you do.

        Joy Johnson
      • Rosamken@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 12, 2000
          Dear Rod:

          I downloaded FREE from the LDS site (given by another emailer) their PAF
          (Personal Ancestry File) program. I am not too computer literate, but I have
          found this free program very "computer friendly"...great place to start.

          Good Luck and God Bless
          Rosemary - Las Vegas
        • Gregory J. Kopchak
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 12, 2000
            Rosemary:

            Did you know that using GEDCOM output built into PAF you can export all your
            data to a special shareware version Brother's Keeper that has a Slovak
            language output. No need to rekey data.

            Great way to send family sheets to the old country in a format they can
            read.

            One warning, when you switch Brother's Keeper to Slovak mode even the menus
            go Slovak, so write down at minimum the location of the menu item that
            switches back to English.

            Greg Kopchak
            http://www.iarelative.com

            I downloaded FREE from the LDS site (given by another emailer) their PAF
            (Personal Ancestry File) program. I am not too computer literate, but I
            have
            found this free program very "computer friendly"...great place to start.

            Good Luck and God Bless
            Rosemary - Las Vegas

            GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds. Get rates as low as 0.0 percent
            Intro or 9.9 percent Fixed APR and no hidden fees. Apply NOW.

          • Rosamken@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 12, 2000
              Greg...

              Thanks for the info about Brothers Keeper and PAF. I am still trying to
              crack the wall about my grannie...But when I do that info will be helpful.

              God Bless
              Rosemary - Las Vegas
            • Helenezx@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 12, 2000
                In a message dated 2/12/0 4:49:19 PM, elliek@... writes:

                << rkrato@... >>

                Hi Rob,

                Did you locate your ancestral village ? Could it be Prosec~ - there are 4
                listed in the Czech Super Atlas. If you have any clues e mail to me and I
                would be glad to try to help you figure out which one is yours.

                Your name is interesting - did you know of Kratchtoqville Castle - it's a
                lovely place in southern Bohemia and now houses a museum of animation and
                cartoons.

                Helped a family find roots in Krachtoqville Moravia last summer - it's a
                tiny village.

                Know you will have a great visit!

                A simple hand drawn or computer generated family tree is extremely useful
                with names and dates because when you find family - the first names will be
                repeated in each generation and it gets very confusing. Take several copies -
                if computer printed, even better. - keep one to make notes on and some for
                the family you find.

                helene
                helenezx@...