Re: [S-R] Photo Help. Pozsony/Bratislava-Reply

  • Jan Ammann
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2004
      Hello Frank.....Well, I finally went and looked at your photos. They could almost fit in my family photo album. The back, as you well know, shows the markings of the photographer. Have you tried searching on this. I put the photo in my Photoimpressums and enhanced it so I could read it better. The gentleman........well, I am first of all, surprised by the very neat haircut and no beard. The suit is excellent....could almost be a wedding suit. He looks to be in his late 20's or early 30's.

      I am afraid I have been no help but those are my observations.

      Sincerely,
      Jan (Aloysia)

      Frank Schoemann <daaschoe@...> wrote:

      I posted a photo in the "Photos" section of this chat board a while
      back. Photo #11 shows the back of the photograph taken in Pozsony,
      and the portrait is shown as #12. My materanl grandmother's family,
      Sidlik (Szidlik) was from Rohoznik, near Malacky in the current
      county of Bratislava. I believe the photo was taken in the 1920's.

      Could anyone on this board make any observations about this photo?
      When was Pozsony renamed Bratislava?

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT