Given name question

  • dan wanchic
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2004
      Can anyone provide any insight into the english equivalent of the two given
      names of my great uncle and aunt - SEMAN TEJ and TERKA TEJ

      I've looked the Rootsweb foreign name list.

      My best guess from studying the list is that SEMAN is roughly Samuel, is
      that correct?

      The guess that I have about TERKA is that it may be a diminutive form of
      Esterka or perhaps Teresa but again, I really am not certain.

      My family is Rusyn from Krize which is near the Polish border so there may
      be some Polsih influence.

      Any help is appreciated.

      Dan

      If this address bounces