Re: [S-R] Surname Miko in New jersey

  • EMSCRS@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 31, 2004
      I used to do welfare investigations in Essex Co, NJ. Driving is not scary,
      getting OUT of the car is hazardous to your health.

      Virginia is where I live. I just add it, so people will know that I am not
      necessarily in the area where they need help, but am only offering
      suggestions. If you do not find the Declaration of Intent in the Archives, it should
      be in the County Court in Newark, or in the Federal Court in Newark. Neither
      are places you want to go.

      Elizabeth

    • Bonnie Richards
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 31, 2004
        Aloha Kathi,

        My family is from Slovakia and Hungary. I have found some of them by
        misspelling their names, etc. Would you correct the birth year from 13 Feb.
        1984. Do you suscribe to Ancestry.com? I found several Stefan/Stephen Miko
        on the listings there. I love to search. I am saddened that it is so
        treacherous to drive into the Oranges. I'm origianally from Plainfield,
        N.J. and drove on route 22 through all those towns as a kid on my way to NYC
        to fly with American airlines. I frequently would drive all the way on the
        weekends to Saracino's bakery in Elizabeth to buy their fabulous malted milk
        cake. Long ago memories. I'll do some looking for you if I have resources
        available. Where are you? How far from East Orange? Take someone big and
        strong with you. Could it be that bad? I used to do microfilming in Newark
        in the 70's. Not an expert, just dogged and determined to find info.
        Contact me if you wish.

        Regards,
        Bonnie Richards
        Hauula, Hawaii
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2004
          Sorry Elizabeth!!!! I had noticed, way after I sent the e-mail that your
          name was Elizabeth from Virginia. My cat was walking all over the desk and
          keyboard so I wasn't able to double check everythign before I clicked the send
          button. Sorru gain!

          Thanks for you info regarding the the Essex area! I am originally from NJ
          (Edison) but haven't lived there in 40 some years and don't know much about
          anyting else around there.

          I will definitely look into the Declaration of Intent some how; you never
          know what you can find.

          THanks again!
          Kathi

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 1, 2004
            it's okay - I just noticed that I sent you to the County and Federal Courts,
            rather than the CourtHOUSES, which is more appropriate. Fingers type faster
            than brain processes. I can send you the link for the State Archives,
            assuming I can find where I put it.

            Elizabeth