Re: [S-R] Re: Will the history repeat

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2004
      Dear Frank,
      I agree with you.
      In the past years I bought several books that want to whitewash Tiso.I was aware, that the Catholic church is trying to rehabilitate him. But I did not expect Slovakia to be as fertile land as it shows now for this kind of organisations. Black color means no good.
      And, it is all legal and democratic. So was Hitler. Meaning, democracy is no warrant for peace per se.
      Tiso probably did save Slovakia from greater catastrophy, but the moral price was too high. Pavelic in Croatia was his counterpart. he did not save anything, because the folks went into a partisan guerilla war. Same in Slovenia.
      Beatification of Carl is a joke. Beyond my understanding. The church also wants it's share of power over the simple folks.
      So as it always used to be. One day I will write about how the Slovaks were exploited by the Catholic church.
      Whoever thinks, there is a straight forward recipe for any folks to live in peace and prosperity is mistaking.
      People never changed in the whole history and there always have been wars and atrocities and this is what we can also expect from the future. Times here, times there.
      Regards,
      Vladimir