Family History - Genealogy - Perich (Pirics) and Fedorko Lines

  • Jawjohnson16@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2000
      Hello Everyone,

      HELP!!! I am trying to search for information on the village where my great-grandfather says he came from. His name Juaraj (George) Perich (Pirics) supposedly born in Austria-Hungary 1886 in this area Lachovce, Ungvarska, Austria-Hungary. I am clueless as to whether this is in the Balkan lands. All I know is that Cossacks where in the family -- so this line tends to be russian. As for Fedorko --- her name is Mary born 3 March 1886 -- she might be from the Carpatho-Ruysn area. Can anyone out there help me with ideas on where to look for more information.

      Thank you.
    • Helenezx@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2000
        In a message dated 2/5/0 6:03:22 PM, Jawjohnson16@... writes:

        << Juaraj (George) Perich (Pirics) supposedly born in Austria-Hungary 1886 in
        this area Lachovce, Ungvarska >>

        Could that have been Lackovce? This is a suburb of Humenne in old Zemplin
        County
        But your listing has the Ungvarska which makes me think it might have been
        Ung County - this could be Uz in Slovakia or Ung over the border into old
        Ruthenia now Ukraine. Ung Cty puzzles me and seems to have borders that
        changed with the times and the policital administrations.

        We do have a person with several listings for the Pirics surname in our
        Slovak Pride data base and he lists a number of villages in Zemplin and in
        Galicia. If you want to get in touch with him please contact me.

        We have 6 individuals listing Fedorko - all are in Saris Cty except for
        one in Zemplin.

        Think you might want to contact them

        Somehow I don't think your names are to be found in the Balkans as such
        but more likely in eastern Slovakia or the adjoining corners of s.e. Poland
        or s.w. Ukraine.

        helene