Re: [S-R] Dukla Pass Battle Photos

  • Alan Antoska
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 2004
      Ahoj Bill,
      In 2003 I visted Dukla for the 2nd time. On this occasion
      I was accompanied by my cousin's husband who fought
      there.
      (We spent a number of days trolling up the souhtern side
      of the Tatra range attempting to visited some of the
      spots that he fought at during WW2.)

      Firstly, we believe that the military equipment at Dukla
      has not been abandoned willy-nilly so as to be a military
      junk yard but to act as an outdoor museum display.
      Perhaps selective removal may be more accurate. It is
      effective.

      Secondly, war is always ugly, (even in Iraq). It was
      impressed on me that the Russian Army whilst in charge,
      used slovak grunts to spearhead the advances & cop the
      greater casualities. Even the CSR advance into Prague
      was delayed several hours to allow the Reds the glory of
      being first on the scene and thus be liberators.

      PS How do I get UPPER CASE on my SK keyboard? eg รจ
      reverts to 4 when I depress the shift or caps lock keyz.

      > Dukla Pass Battle Photos
      >
      > For those interested in military history, I have posted
      > several period
      > photos from the WWII battle for Dukla Pass on the
      > Slovakia-Poland border
      > where so many lives were lost.
      > http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/Military_dukla_pass.htm
      >
      > Bill Tarkulich

      =====
      May a kind Providence prosper your efforts.
      Regards / ciao / S pozdravom,
      Alan

      http://au.movies.yahoo.com