WAchtenheim

  • jump4toys@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2004
      Just curious, since I"m new on here.
      I"m researching my family name of WACHTENHEIM.

      I know that alot of the family came from the Carpathian Mountain area in
      towns such as Svalyava, Hukliva (zugo), Bereqszasz, Vereski......

      Does anyone know if there is a way to research via the Synagogues in these
      towns or the mortuaries. I figure that the birth records, or wedding records,
      or death records will list a name, and parents as well.
      But alot of these towns lost their Jewish numbers after the HOlocaust, so I'm
      curious what's become of books, documents from synagogues, mortuaries, etc.

      THank you!