Re: [S-R] Re: Ethnicity of Presidential Candidates

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 13, 2004
      Sorry Frank, but I must make this correction;
      Kohn is a Jewish surname and can be found just anywhere. It was one of the most popular ones among the Jews.
      Regards,
      Vladimir
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 13, 2004
        Vlad's correct.

        Caye

        --- Vladimir Bohinc <konekta@...> wrote:

        > Sorry Frank, but I must make this correction;
        > Kohn is a Jewish surname and can be found just
        > anywhere. It was one of the most popular ones among
        > the Jews.
        > Regards,
        > Vladimir

        http://vote.yahoo.com
      • Frank
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 13, 2004
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Vladimir Bohinc" <konekta@n...>
          wrote:
          > Sorry Frank, but I must make this correction;
          > Kohn is a Jewish surname and can be found just anywhere. It was one
          of the most popular ones among the Jews.
          > Regards,
          > Vladimir

          Dear Vlad,

          Promi'm ?
          Political discussions should never be posted at ethnic genealogy
          message forums.
          So we are back in the American political arena vis-à-vis heritage of
          our Presidental candidates.

          Being a Slovakia genealogist you would be more familiar with the
          150,000 ethnic Slovak Jews sent by the independent Slovakia German
          puppet government to die in the Nazi KK death camps in Poland during
          WW II than a Czech researcher would.
          Catholic churches in Slovakia used to keep Jewish community records
          until 1941-42 when they stopped.
          Of course most Slovak intellectuals deny the event of selling these

          Jews for 500 marks a head to Germans to help save their country from
          Czech domination had ever occurred.

          Ellis Island Records list 6,000 surnames Kohn mostly bearing Jewish
          first names.
          But not all.
          There are perhaps a hundred surnames Kohn and Kohnova with Czech
          first names listed in the Czech Republic telephone directory.

          Regards

          Frank K

          Service.

          > __________ Informacia od NOD32 1.848 (20040820) __________

          > http://www.eset.sk

        • Vladimir Bohinc
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 13, 2004
            Dear Frank,
            There is no politics in my message.
            Just a genealogical fact, that the surname Kohn can not be seen as a Bohemian name.
            Regarding Kerry, it happens that my best friend and colleague Felix, who did his genealogy also consulted me on some minor issues afterwards. But no, I speak no politics here.
            - the term "ethnic Slovak Jews" is inapropriate.
            - I am not aware of Catholic churches in Slovakia to have kept the Jewish records at any time. Can you name one or two instances?
            - If any Slovak intellectual is denying that Slovak puppet state ever sold a Jew to Germany for RM 500, I second that.
            This is not true. True, however is, that Slovak puppet state paid (!) RM 500 for each Jew to Germany for all the "costs involved" with resettlement. Now this is bizarre enough. The value of the jewish property, which was then stolen, looted and confiscated here was much, much higher than RM 500.
            - of course, many Kohns ( as well as others) either left the Jewish community or converted / asimilated, so they are having now usual non jewish first names. But their ancestors were jewish.
            Regarding surnames; you can have a look at the collection of surnames from the records which I have researched so far.
            I have a collection of Slovak surnames, German surnames from Slovakia and Jewish surnames from Slovakia. There you can compare what is what. You find this at www.konekta.sk
            With best regards,
            Vladimir

            PS
            I make such comments only for the SR community to be propery informed.

            > Sorry Frank, but I must make this correction;
            > Kohn is a Jewish surname and can be found just anywhere. It was one
            of the most popular ones among the Jews.
            > Regards,
            > Vladimir

            Dear Vlad,

            Promi'm ?
            Political discussions should never be posted at ethnic genealogy
            message forums.
            So we are back in the American political arena vis-à-vis heritage of
            our Presidental candidates.

            Being a Slovakia genealogist you would be more familiar with the
            150,000 ethnic Slovak Jews sent by the independent Slovakia German
            puppet government to die in the Nazi KK death camps in Poland during
            WW II than a Czech researcher would.
            Catholic churches in Slovakia used to keep Jewish community records
            until 1941-42 when they stopped.
            Of course most Slovak intellectuals deny the event of selling these

            Jews for 500 marks a head to Germans to help save their country from
            Czech domination had ever occurred.

            Ellis Island Records list 6,000 surnames Kohn mostly bearing Jewish
            first names.
            But not all.
            There are perhaps a hundred surnames Kohn and Kohnova with Czech
            first names listed in the Czech Republic telephone directory.

            Regards

            Frank K

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            http://www.eset.sk

          • Dr. Joe Q.
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 13, 2004
              Is it also changed to:

              Cohen
              Cowhen

              ??

              Dr. "Q"

              Vladimir Bohinc wrote:

              >Dear Frank,
              >There is no politics in my message.
              >Just a genealogical fact, that the surname Kohn can not be seen as a Bohemian name.
              >Regarding Kerry, it happens that my best friend and colleague Felix, who did his genealogy also consulted me on some minor issues afterwards. But no, I speak no politics here.
              >- the term "ethnic Slovak Jews" is inapropriate.
              >- I am not aware of Catholic churches in Slovakia to have kept the Jewish records at any time. Can you name one or two instances?
              >- If any Slovak intellectual is denying that Slovak puppet state ever sold a Jew to Germany for RM 500, I second that.
              >This is not true. True, however is, that Slovak puppet state paid (!) RM 500 for each Jew to Germany for all the "costs involved" with resettlement. Now this is bizarre enough. The value of the jewish property, which was then stolen, looted and confiscated here was much, much higher than RM 500.
              >- of course, many Kohns ( as well as others) either left the Jewish community or converted / asimilated, so they are having now usual non jewish first names. But their ancestors were jewish.
              >Regarding surnames; you can have a look at the collection of surnames from the records which I have researched so far.
              >I have a collection of Slovak surnames, German surnames from Slovakia and Jewish surnames from Slovakia. There you can compare what is what. You find this at www.konekta.sk
              >With best regards,
              >Vladimir
              >
              >PS
              >I make such comments only for the SR community to be propery informed.

            • Frank
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 14, 2004
                is what. You find this at www.konekta.sk
                > With best regards,
                > Vladimir
                >
                > PS
                > I make such comments only for the SR community to be propery
                informed.

                Dear Vlad,

                My point was that when politicial candidates are dueling for election
                many "stories" are posted pro and con their origins and ancestors on
                WWW.

                More Slavic surnames begin with letter K than any other letter of the
                alphabet.
                And thousands of surnames Kerry had emigrated to the US from Ireland.

                For example, there was a "story" that former US President Clinton
                paternal ancestor was a Welsh roma (cigán)

                And after the fall of communism in the former CSR some politicians
                (both Czech and Slovak) running for election appeared under new
                non-Communist party labels.

                So readers can believe what they want depending upon their
                own convictions.That is politics.

                Regards

                Frank K

              • Don Havlicek
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 14, 2004
                  Look below:

                  Frank wrote:

                  > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Vladimir Bohinc" <konekta@n...>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  >>Dear Frank,
                  >>There is no politics in my message.
                  >>Just a genealogical fact, that the surname Kohn can not be seen as a
                  >
                  > Bohemian name.
                  >
                  >>Regarding Kerry, it happens that my best friend and colleague Felix,
                  >
                  > who did his genealogy also consulted me on some minor issues
                  > afterwards. But no, I speak no politics here.
                  >
                  >>- the term "ethnic Slovak Jews" is inapropriate.
                  >>- I am not aware of Catholic churches in Slovakia to have kept the
                  >
                  > Jewish records at any time. Can you name one or two instances?
                  >
                  >>- If any Slovak intellectual is denying that Slovak puppet state
                  >
                  > ever sold a Jew to Germany for RM 500, I second that.
                  >
                  >>This is not true. True, however is, that Slovak puppet state paid
                  >
                  > (!) RM 500 for each Jew to Germany for all the "costs involved" with
                  > resettlement. Now this is bizarre enough. The value of the jewish
                  > property, which was then stolen, looted and confiscated here was much,
                  > much higher than RM 500.
                  >
                  >>- of course, many Kohns ( as well as others) either left the Jewish
                  >
                  > community or converted / asimilated, so they are having now usual non
                  > jewish first names. But their ancestors were jewish.
                  >
                  >>Regarding surnames; you can have a look at the collection of
                  >
                  > surnames from the records which I have researched so far.
                  >
                  >>I have a collection of Slovak surnames, German surnames from
                  >
                  > Slovakia and Jewish surnames from Slovakia. There you can compare what
                  > is what. You find this at www.konekta.sk
                  >
                  >>With best regards,
                  >>Vladimir
                  >>
                  >>PS
                  >>I make such comments only for the SR community to be propery
                  >
                  > informed.
                  >
                  > Dear Vlad,
                  >
                  > My point was that when politicial candidates are dueling for election
                  > many "stories" are posted pro and con their origins and ancestors on
                  > WWW.
                  >
                  > More Slavic surnames begin with letter K than any other letter of the
                  > alphabet.
                  > And thousands of surnames Kerry had emigrated to the US from Ireland.
                  >
                  > For example, there was a "story" that former US President Clinton
                  > paternal ancestor was a Welsh roma (cigán)

                  BLYTHE was Welsh Roma ??? .... Clinton's real last name IS Blythe .. NOT
                  Clinton.

                  Verrrrrry interesting....

                  Don Havlicek
                  Connersville, IN