RE: [S-R] Why did women wear "Babushka's"

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2004
      That the woman is married.

      From: betytowner [mailto:betytowner@...]
      Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2004 9:43 AM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [S-R] Why did women wear "Babushka's"

      One of the pictures I have of my grandmother, she is wearing a
      babushka on her head untied inside of our house. From what my
      parents (now deceased) said, she always wore her babushka? Does
      anyone know the significance of women wearing babushka's (head
      scarfs)?

      Hope I spelled babushka right.

      Searching grandparents, Peter Szabo (Vajan,Austria-Hungary) and Anna
      Mislai (Battyan, Austria-Hungary).

      Yahoo! Groups Links