Re: Tomkos of Malcice

  • geniekid39
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 29, 2004
      --I wish I could go there (LDS) but am legally blind. the spelling of
      the place names is mine-I went by sound.- In SLOVAK-
      ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "johnqadam" <johnqadam@r...> wrote:
      > "The location we were given is Zemplenska Zurpa, Topoli."
      >
      > In the former Zemplen County, Topolya, Topolyan, Topoly-Hermany are
      > possibilities. Based upon the possible mis-spellings, I would not
      > eliminate any of those possibilities just yet.
      >
      > LDS has Roman Catholic parish register of births, marriages, and
      > deaths for Topolany, Slovakia; formerly Topolyan, Zemplen. Topolany
      > is today a northern suburb of Michalovce.
      >
      > The 1869 Hungarian census film could shed a great deal of light on
      > the family:
      > Topoloka (Topolovka) -- Topolya (Topola) -- Topolyán (Topolany) --
      > Tokaj FHL INTL Film 720007
      >
      > Luckily, all the "Topol" villages are on the same LDS census film.
      >
      > http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHLC/frameset_fhlc.asp
      >
      > You can go to the LDS web site to locate your nearest Family
      History
      > Center (FHC) and determine their hours of operation. You will need
      > go there in person to order the film(s). In about a month, the film
      > will arrive and you can book a film reader and begin your research.
      > Your forefathers are in there somewhere!
    • geniekid39
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 29, 2004
        -No, but I am not sure, at this point, who is related to whom-- In
        SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick <ccaswick@y...> wrote:

        > There were Tomko/Tomco/Tomchos at my gram's church --
        > some in her wedding party -- and I'm pretty sure there
        > are many many more still in Cleveland -- my gram was
        > married in 1926. If I remember . . . and w/o checking
        > my databases . . . I believe one of the Tomko gals
        > married a Seman -- does that ring a bell?
        >

        > Caye
        >

        > --- geniekid39 <geniekid39@y...> wrote:
        >
        > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Caye Caswick
        > > <ccaswick@y...>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > And if they lived in Cleveland . . . so do I.
        > > >

        > > > Caye
        > > > The Plichta grandmother came from Cleveland, but
        > > then her family
        > > returned to Europe. I don't know if the Tomko's are
        > > related-we have
        > > discovered more members of the family came over
        > > thean we were told.

        > > Malcice
        > > load of

        > > > New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - 100MB free storage!

        > http://vote.yahoo.com
      • Frank R. Plichta
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 16, 2004
          I must have missed something earlier. Just returned home form a trip and
          found this message introducing PLICHTA.

          I maintain an extensive database of PLICHTAs from around the world. I'm not
          sure who is asking the question but I would welcome an opportunity to
          discuss the PLICHTA connection.

          Frank R. Plichta
          "Searching the World for PLICHTAs"
          "Já hl'adám Plichtovi na celom Svete."
          "Já hledám Plichtovi na celém Svêtê."
          "Szukanie PLICHTów na calym swiecie."
          "Das die Welt fuer PLICHTA suchen."
          "Je cherche le monde pour la famille PLICHTA."
          "Buscando el mundo por los PLICHTA."
          "Quaerere summa reum familia PLICHTA."
          I would appreciate receiving ANY information, about ANY Plichta, from ANY
          place, at ANY time in history.