New Subscriber

  • rkrato@tampabay.rr.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1 5:54 PM
      Hello all,

      I just subscribed to this list. I have looked at a few of the
      archived digests and this looks like a really nice group.

      I am in the process of planning a trip to Prague this spring.
      My grandfather came to the US from Prague. I am hoping to be
      able to get some details on my grandfather in the hope that I
      may be able to find out in more detail where he came from.

      He lived in Central Wisconsin as did my father. I am currently
      living in Florida and am not real sure how to start. I have
      relatives in Chicago and they said they would go the the county
      courthouse in Wisconsin and try to find some records there.

      Rod
    • Ken Sajdak
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2000
        Hi all,

        As I begin following your discussions, I'd like to introduce myself.

        My grandparents immigrated from Slovakia to America through New York
        in 1900-1907 to Chicago and evenyually to Cudahy, WI.

        They came from the Trencian area, specifically, Mestecko and Zariecie.

        Surnames I am currently researching are: SAJDAK, SIDLIK, RUMAN.
        Secondary names: (shirtail relations as my father calls them:
        HUZEVKA,
        BRTIS, MISUN, HLINKA, JURESA. I will mostly be looking for
        information
        on these names.

        Additionally, I have taken on voluntary supervision of the Czech and
        Slovak RootsWeb pages. Czech Republic (
        http://www.rootsweb.com/~czewgw/ ) and Slovak Republic (
        http://www.rootsweb.com/~svkwgw/ )

        Hopefully I will find information here to help others as well.

        Ken Sajdak