Slovak to English Translation

  • Maze
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2004
      Is there a web site that does slovak to english translation?

      if not i found this website with this quote under a picture

      Zadná cast domu - pohlad na byty c.3, 4, 5, - Huba, Kondrc, Ursiny

      Does anyone know what it says? I see my family name in it but from that I dont have a clue what its all about

    • dot
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 26, 2009
        Who said there isn't a Santa Claus? Well, he was a day late but he surprised me today with a package from Margita Niznanska, an elderly Slovak lady (from Slovakia) who has written one book in her lifetime. Included in the package was a copy of her book, a two-page letter from her and several articles - ALL IN SLOVAK. I do not speak, read, nor write Slovak. I have been trying for almost a year to make a connection with her Kulfan family and my Rosko family and I am hoping that connection is spelled out in all the goodies she sent.

        Here is where I am seeking your assistance. I am showing my ignorance, but I am assuming I can scan the letters and articles into my computer, but where do I go from there to get them translated??? If someone out there has had good luck with a particular translating site, I would very much appreciate hearing from you.

        Thanks in advance.

        Dorothy
      • Michael Mojher
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 26, 2009
          Dorothy,
          Google Translator does a good job and it is free. Google it.

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 28, 2009
            Thanks, Michael, for your suggestion. I tried Google but what it printed
            out didn't make too much sense. I'll try one of the other translation
            sites.

            Also, thanks for your help with my Rosko immigration problem. You sure have
            a wealth of info to share, and it's nice of you to do so.

            Have a WONDERFUL AND HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR.