Book reply

  • Charles L. Lang
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2000
      I would like to thank all of you who replyed to my request. I am new to geneology and believe that in knowing the history of the country during a particular time frame may help in knowing how the people lived. I should be receiving the books soon, as I ordered them on-line. I will let you know what I think of A History of Slovakia. As for the language books, I am hoping to learn to speak a little slovak. Learning to speak the language was not allowed when I was a child. I am really not sure why, but my Father would say "In America you speak English". I am sure that this was what his mother probably told him as he could understand the language better than he could speak it. I still want to learn.
      Thank you again. Mary