BAPTISMAL CERTIFICATE

  • fahlavas@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2000
      Hello All,
      Would someone please assist me in figuring out names of villages and
      surnames from my great-grandmothers baptismal certificate?

      Some of it is difficult to read, but I will write it out the way it
      looks to me.

      FRANTISKA TRISKY, rolnika z VOLESNE, e/12 o.s.l.p. PISEK a JOSEFY, roden
      GREGNLE-OVE z PODOLI c 23 o.s.i.o PISEK.

      Is GREGNLE a surname? Is VOLESNE the name of a village? Any assistance
      you give will be gratefully appreciated.

      Donna
    • Helenezx@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2000
        In a message dated 1/30/0 3:07:35 PM, fahlavas@... writes:

        << FRANTISKA TRISKY, rolnika z VOLESNE, e/12 o.s.l.p. PISEK a JOSEFY, roden
        GREGNLE-OVE z PODOLI c 23 o.s.i.o PISEK.

        Looks like a man Frantisek Triska (the a on the Frantiska is not a female
        ending but a case ending - Czech has 10 cases like Latin and each has a
        different ending )

        a farmer in Volesne (can't find this in the Czech super atlas andd wonder if
        it could possibly Volyne which is a charming old town not too far southwest
        of Pisek.

        c/12 is the house number - this can be very inportant in genealogy reserach
        if many families in the village have the same surname. Tho house number
        change over the years - most villagers remember where the old house numbers
        were.

        "o.s.l.p. PISEK" don't know what this is - could it be okres?? anyways it
        means it is near Pisek

        "JOSEFY, roden GREGNLE-OVE z PODOLI c 23 o.s.i.o PISEK."

        Josephine, from the family of or maiden name or born Gregnleove from Poldoli,
        a village justwest of the Vltava River some dozen kilometers northeast of
        Pisek (there are 5 villages name Podoli in the country the the clue is the
        mention of Piwsek. Here too you have that wonderful house number 23 (c is an
        abbreviation of c~ieslo or number)

        You have information here that would allow the Czech Archives to do a
        genealogy search for you. They do a great job and it is reasonable. Good
        luck! If you pursue this send them a copy of the certifica te along with your
        request.

        helene
      • fahlavas@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 30, 2000
          Dear Helene,

          I kind of guessed correctly on some of the information, but you gave me
          so much more.

          I sincerely appreciate the information. With every little tidbit I
          unearth just makes my ancestors so much more real.

          Thank you!

          Donna