RE: [S-R] Digest Number 1572

  • Mary Anne Waltz
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2004
      Hello Jen,

      Have you ever used Stephen Morse's search engine for the Ellis Island
      database? It's at the Jewish genealogy site:
      http://www2.jewishgen.org/databases/EIDB/ellis.html

      I've had much better luck with it than with the original Ellis Island site.
      In a quick search, I was able to find an Anna Duran (36 yrs) who, with her 8
      year old son Janos (John), arrived on the Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse on
      December 07, 1910. They were from Vazcecz, Hungary, and their destination
      was Minneapolis.
      Relatives?

      Good luck with your search!

      Mary Anne Waltz
      Researching Sofranko/Simasek/Karnak/Findora

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 19:22:07 -0000
      From: "sitkajd" <jen.duran@...>
      Subject: Duran Family

      Hello,

      I'm new to the group and would really appreciate any help I could get in
      researching my family. My great grandfather and great grandmother came over
      to the US from Vazec, Slovakia between 1912-1914. Their names were John
      Duran and Zuzanna (Chovan) Duran and they settled in Minneapolis, MN. I'm
      trying to locate date and port of entry, I've tried many different web sites
      but seem to have hit a brick wall. I would greatly appreciate any advice
      anyone could give me.

      Thanks so much,
      Jen